Jordans Music Club is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (2018). Any personal information that you may provide in this way will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Jordans Music Club may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 2019.
What we collect
We may collect the following information from you when you book tickets for events either directly or through our ticket agent Ticketsource:
• name and e-mail address
• other contact information including telephone numbers, address and postcode
• tickets purchased
• whether you wish to sign up to our marketing mailing list and your preferred communication methods (e.g. email or postal address)
• any additional information, for example relating to joining a Supporters Scheme, donations made and gift aid declarations, that you supply to us voluntarily.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• internal record keeping and the day to day conduct of running Jordans Music Club
• to improve our products and services
• to provide further information about any event that you have booked (eg arrival instructions or any changed arrangements or to clarify your booking)
• periodically to send you information about our events and activities (e.g. forthcoming performances, social events and opportunities to support Jordans Music Club) using the email and/or postal address which you have provided
• to note your qualification for membership from time to time of Jordans Music Club or any Supporters’ Scheme where appropriate.
• to apply for Gift Aid from HMRC.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, by post or by hand.
Purchasing tickets online
When purchasing tickets online you will be directed to our third-party ticket agency who manage this process on behalf of Jordans Music Club. The following information entered at the ticket agency’s web site is made available to Jordans Music Club after you have completed your ticket purchase:
• name and address, e-mail and telephone contact details
• marketing preferences
• tickets purchased
• Gift Aid election
This information is however not stored on our web site. We do not store your credit card information.
Photography at concerts
We may occasionally take photographs during our concerts or other events. Such photographs may sometimes incidentally include members of the audience – for instance in the background behind a performer. We do not publish photographs which might identify you on our website without obtaining your permission.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites that we consider may be of interest to you. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You may wish to exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website on the other sites.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form through our website, or on paper or email, look for the box that you can mark to indicate whether you want the information to be used by us for direct marketing purposes (e.g. telling you about our concerts)
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes (so we can tell you the forthcoming concert programme), you may change your mind at any time by:
- contacting us via the contact form on the “Contact” page of our web site
- contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to the Box Office at 3 Brushwood Drive, Chorleywood, Herts WD3 5RS
- telephoning the Box Office on 01923 282943.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under Data Protection legislation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, or if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us using the contact form on the “Contact” page of our web site or via email at email@example.com. We will promptly respond to you and amend any information found to be incorrect. You can also ask us to remove any data we hold on you but we may retain some of your data for a particular purpose for a suitable time (e.g. that you have unsubscribed from the mailing list) in order to preserve a record of your consent having been withdrawn.
We have checked that our processing of information is necessary for the purposes of Jordans Music Club. We have done a balancing test and are confident that the individual’s interests do not override those legitimate interests. We only use individual’s data in a way which they would reasonably expect, unless there is a very good reason. Where we rely on legitimate interests for marketing activities we consider that our use of people’s data is proportionate, has a minimal privacy impact, and people would not be surprised or likely to object.
Review of data held
We will keep records for no longer than is necessary in order to meet the intended use for which it is gathered (unless there is a legal requirement to keep records). When the intended use for which it is gathered is no longer applicable the data will be deleted within a reasonable period.